Monday, January 12, 2009

eroticism

So my main writing site is missing in action… ain’t going to worry about that too much until I am given a reason to worry about it…

Instead I will talk about “Erotic” writing… which often is not “Erotic” very much. There are a million reasons for that and not a single one of them are very interesting… so really I am not going to talk about “Erotic” writing so much as “Erotic” writers…

Recently several people I know have decided (yes, they make a choice) to write what they consider to be erotic… and naturally they have asked me (oh so sweet and innocent) to read their erotic writing… and to comment upon it. Ok… so we can already see where this will go can’t we… something is steaming on the sidewalk ahead.

Should I be honest? Should I be supportive? Should I tell bold and tell obvious lies? Should I take a pill and put the “Do Not Disturb Sign” out? I didn’t do either because of the Uncertainty Principle… what are they really wanting from me… (I hope not masturbation.)

Here is the thing about eroticism… it exists but it is not universal… nor really all that natural either... it is very personal and prone to being poorly defined… think of it like a pineapple… we all know what it is, we all know what we think… but can you describe how it tastes properly so that some one who has never seen or tasted one will know what it is like? I find eroticism to fall into that area… like a pineapple, sweet and undefinable... just like Piet Hein said.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a difficult situation. All you can do is be honest about your reaction, and hope that the writing is good.

    ReplyDelete