Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the popcorn

It is hot buttered (real) popcorn (organic) and it is not half bad… makes a great excuse too…

I’m sorry, I was eating popcorn…

I don’t get along with phones and so I never use them… that is a personal paranoia… but there is a phone here that flashes, it does not ring. In a modern technical society people don’t understand this… no, I can’t come to the phone, or really more accurately, I won’t come to the phone. I do get messages…

I like messages a lot… there is something about note writing that is a bit of a dying art. I have lovely stationary for sending notes too… and a nice pen to write them with. I like getting a well-written note as well… even more so when it too is on nice stationary. Yes, I keep them. I keep love letters too… old photographs etc…

I opened the box to place in a card I received announcing the death of a child. It came on official stationary and was likely printed out… could have been a form letter really… I half expected a request to donate more until I got to the attachment… there in shaky hand writing, in uncertain English and equally shaky French was scrawled a message from the dead child’s sister thanking me for all I had done in letting them go to school…

Oh my little angels, if there is anything Divine may there be mercy for you all.

I am eating popcorn since I have finished crying… but I don’t feel very good… but I shall cherish that note forever

1 comment:

  1. So sad, but a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing this. Popcorn is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete