Monday, November 10, 2008

funeral day

A man dies and I morn for the empty space in my heart… I have lost a friend, a lover, a pillar…

closing my eyes
the world slips away with the crude rendering of living
the cold shadows against the platonic rocks
the flicker of a flame from long ago
an image of dancing
an echo
shades and shapes…
closing my eyes
your voice smells of ginger
floating on the light of a blazing night sky of exploding stars
closing my eyes
the night becomes alive with gentleness
the scent of an aria slips along the carpet
flickering shades of music
the walls in translucence fold back across the rainbow edge of the rising tide
the dancers flood forth
pouring across the heavy blow
and the burdens rise like boats on the azure sea as the heart descends
a perfect pearl beneath the wavering ocean
obscured by love


I shall be as dead myself until after the funeral… and than as he would wish it I shall go back to the world…

No comments:

Post a Comment