Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekends... gotta love 'em

Yeah… nice weekend… moved the wood into the shed… got another chance to do a poetry read… though I erred there, should have read from the “Palm Trees of Holland” but instead opted for a few from “Winter Poetry” (see Insupportable Misery for a sample)… still it went pretty well.

I find that at times I like to be the center of attention, but I really don’t have a lot to say when reading other than the poems themselves. Jen says I need to work on some generic stories though as people want to talk with the poets after these things and it would be better if I talked. She might be right there.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great advice from Jen. Tough thing to find something that comes easily to mind and that doesn't sound trite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... but I don't as well. I rebel at the idea of false stories now... though at one time that would have been all there was.

    ReplyDelete