Sunday, November 9, 2008

When people lie to me and themselves

Words… Tags… Labels… and then the obligatory explanations… because the tags and labels were merely arbitrary applications meant to sound good covering up for something that is not really so good… If I appear to stare blankly it is because I have long ago stopped listening and am thinking about other things… some times I really do not care about the explanations just for other people’s comfort. The list of topics to which this applies is growing… not at an alarming rate… but as a steady progression. It is a choice as well. One has the Freedom of Speech (which is all nice and stuff) but one has the RIGHT to remain silent. The former is a theory; the latter is a practice.

Yeah… of course there are times when I am more than willing to tell others what they should do…

Grow some balls and just say what you really believe and let it go at that.

****

This year I shall be observing Remembrance Day in my typical fashion, and I hope that others will choose to observe their day of remembrance in their own fashion, and if they would rather just take the day off, stay home and drink beer in front of the television sports programs… go for it.

I am NOT your yardstick for what you may or may not choose to do… and you are not the yardstick for what I may choose to do…

But if you are going to do things that require you follow proper protocols then please follow them.

Protocols…

I do not like the National Anthem at sporting events…
I do not like it at school functions…
I find it out of keeping in those surrounds.

Outside of a religious event I see no use for the Lord’s Prayer,
I shall never agree that it is interdenominational…

Remembrance Day is a time for the National Anthem and for religious observances of all stripes.
I feel very badly for all the military service men and women who have to tolerate the general ignorance of the masses in regards to flag and anthem protocol…

If I were a veteran I would not be pleased to be marched out in front of a bunch of yahoos amid this breach of protocol… I would rather be at the hospitals, at the bases and remember the dead amongst the survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment